On 6 November, the third annual The Best in Class Awards took place, this time in Berlin. We’re proud to be part of it and that our great campus got revered with the Best Campus Award 2019.
Organized by The Class of 2020, the awards celebrate the companies, institutions, and individuals going the extra mile in making student living more efficient, welcoming, and professional. In addition to the eleven awards, ASK4, Gisma Business School, and The Class of 2020 partnered to launch the Innovation Challenge; an innovation-driven competition that translates challenges into solutions and concepts into actions.
The Class Awards were judged independently of The Class of 2020 by a panel of experts:
- Rosemary Feenan, Executive Vice President Research, QuadReal Property Group
- Paolo Petrocelli, Co-Founder & President, Italian Youth Association for UNESCO
- Paloma Lisboa, Director of Student Residences, King’s College London
- Amy Baker, CEO, The PIE News
- Kevin Redman, Founder & CEO, Property Recruitment Company
The Class of 2020 would like to congratulate the following winners, who pave the way within the industry:
- The Class Outstanding Public-Private Cooperation: GSA Spain
- The Class Remarkable Brand Award: Collegiate AC
- The Class Digital Innovation Award: De Montfort University
- The Class Sustainable Property Award: Nido Student
- The Class Student Well-Being Award: The University of Sheffield
- The Class Best New Student Housing Development of the Year Award: The Student Hotel & BaseCamp Student
- The Class Best City Talent Attraction Award: Berlin Partner für Wirtschaft und Technologie
- The Class Best Operator of the Year Award: Collegiate AC
- The Class Best Campus Award: XU Exponential University of Applied Sciences
- The Class Best Young Talent Award: Tom Martin, Student living by Sodexo
- The Class Best Visionary Leadership Award: Stiftelsen Stockholms Studentbostäder
- The Innovation Competition: Harmondt
The Class of 2020 Foundation is a partner-based non-profit organization with a simple goal: to further the professionalism and knowledge of living, learning and working in university cities. Established in 2011, The Class of 2020 is now the largest student housing and co-living platform open to anyone and everyone.
Its mission is to be the leading think tank on the future of living. We provide an international network of over 90 complementary partners, members and associations. By bringing people together, we offer and share high-quality information and best practices. We aim for a student housing market that is open, international, professional, sophisticated and developed to fully accommodate student needs.
On 6th and 7th of November, The Class of 2020 hosts the biggest conference in the industry in Berlin, The Class Conference 2019: Blended Living. During the conference, experts will discuss in depth the challenges and opportunities that blurring boundaries create for the future of living, working and learning.