XU Exponential University – your new dream job
The XU Exponential University of Applied Sciences is a private, state-accredited university of applied sciences in Potsdam, Brandenburg. XU’s offerings are consistently geared towards the digital transformation, the start-up fast-growing digital entrepreneurial innovation and the new competencies and skills for the jobs of the future.
XU’s goal is to enable students, entrepreneurs, employees and managers to grow in the digital age and actively shape the digital transformation. We are looking for professors (m/f/d) for our study programs who represent digitalization topics, who hold an entrepreneurial, innovative and international mindset in teaching and research and who are enthusiastic about building a new university of applied sciences focused on Industrial Revolution 4.0 challenges.
- Teaching courses of programming,software engineering, IT and related topics, in our (current) Digital Business, Digital Marketing, Coding and Software Engineering bachelor and (planned) Digital Transformation master programs (in addition, teaching courses in the field of artificial intelligence, or data science, though not a mandatory requirement is considered a plus).
- Supervisingexaminations, internships, projects, bachelor and master theses
- Participatingin the further development, consultation and organization of new
- Planning and implementation of research and development projects, including publishingactivities and other initiatives as adequate.
- Establishing a network with partner companiesand supporting internships and collaborative
- Participatingin the academic self-administration of the university.
- Self-identification with the innovative teaching approach of the XU Exponential University.
- Commitment to contribute to the teaching experience with an interdisciplinary approach, as well as with practical experience in a digitally growing world. Start-up experience and with the associated environment are desirable.
- Commitment to engage and develop further the XU innovative and interactive didactic concepts and methods.
Commitment to participation in interdisciplinary courses as well as in the implementation of English-language courses.
- Completed doctoral or PhD studies in the field of Computer Science, ComputerEngineering, Software Engineering, or
- Pedagogic and didacticexperience for academic teaching in English.
- Practical professional experience in software development in the industry of at least 5 years (preferably after completing the PhD). Additional knowledge and experience in the field of artificial intelligence, or data science is not mandatory but is considered a plus.
- Experience with latest trends in software development including agile, DevOps, User-centric Development, Docker, Kubernetes, Build tools, etc.
- It is expected that the future holder of the position will shift theircenter of life to Berlin/Potsdam area (on-site presence).
- Very good communication skills and teamwork, ability to interact and motivate students and other key stakeholders.
- Fulfill the official requirementcaptured by 41 of State of Brandenburg (Brandenburgisches Hochschulgesetz (BbgHG)).
Which other criteria are important?
- Relevant teaching experience in software engineering.
- Additional teaching in the field of artificial intelligence, or data science though is not mandatory, but is considered a plus.
- Research track record in the software engineering field proven by consultancy projects and/or publications in internationalscientific conferences and journals, etc. Additional experience in the acquisition, execution and management of research projects is a plus.
- Relevant experience in the supervision of scientific work of students, such as bachelor and master theses is desirable.
- Broad professional practical experience (with leadership responsibility) in the field of the appointment, for example in tech start-ups, tech companies, industry and/or in consulting related to software engineering, complete your profile.
- Core values and social commitment to XU community and beyond matter, of course, for us.
- In addition, we would like to see your enthusiasm and active involvement in building a new university and interest in producing an impact beyond.
- Teaching experience in German, though not mandatory is considered a plus.
- International experience, both industrial and academic.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
What we offer you
- Excellent working conditions in an attractive modern environment
- The opportunity to impact on ayoung university
- The chance to set your ownfocus in research, as well as in new courses of study and, in the future, new subject areas, etc.
- Friendly atmosphere, teamwork-orientedand committed colleagues who love what they do.
- The opportunity to build something and develop processes that ensure high-quality teaching and innovative research in the long term.
Then we look forward to receiving your complete digital application (see below).
Please submit your application by 14.07.2021 via email only to [email protected] . Our website: xu-university.com
Please, include the following information in your application and submit your application in a single PDF file.
- Cover letter explaining your motivation to join XU.
- Detailed resume and list of publications.
- Doctoral certificate
- University certificates
- An overview of the courses and projects you have held so far (scope, subject)
- Relevant experience certificates.
- Teachingexperience including evaluation forms (if available).
- Teachingstatement describing potential courses to cover.
- Research statementdescribing your research vision.