XU Exponential University – dein neuer Traumjob
The XU Exponential University of Applied Sciences is a private, state-accredited university of applied sciences in Potsdam, Brandenburg. XU’s offerings are consistently geared towards the digital transformation, the start-up fast-growing digital entrepreneurial innovation and the new competencies and skills for the jobs of the future.
XU’s goal is to enable students, entrepreneurs, employees and managers to grow in the digital age and actively shape the digital transformation. We are looking for professors for our study programs who represent digitalization topics, who hold entrepreneurial, innovative and international mindset in teaching and research and who are enthusiastic about building a new university of applied sciences focused on Industrial Revolution 4.0 challenges.
Program Coding and Software Engineering
The adesso School of Coding and Software Engineering was born to educate the coding experts of the future. In collaboration with the XU Exponential University this curriculum offers students a chance to learn in interactive classrooms, group projects and also to apply their knowledge in a practical context.
As we are growing exponentially, we are looking for enthusiastic candidates (m/f/d) to join our team as soon as possible in the role of Professor (m/f/d) for Coding and Software Engineering.
- Teaching courses of programming, software engineering, IT and related topics, in our (current) Digital Business, Digital Marketing, Coding and Software Engineering bachelor and (planned) Digital Transformation master programs (in addition, teaching courses in the field of artificial intelligence, or data science, though not a mandatory requirement is considered a plus).
- Supervising examinations, internships, projects, bachelor and master theses.
- Participating in the further development, consultation and organization of new courses.
- Planning and implementation of research and development projects, including publishing activities and other initiatives as adequate.
- Establishing a network with partner companies and supporting internships and collaborative projects.
- Participatingin the academic self-administration of the university.
- Self-identification with the innovative teaching approach of the XU Exponential University.
- Commitment to contribute to the teaching experience with an interdisciplinary approach, as well as with practical experience in a digitally growing world. Start-up experience and with the associated environment are desirable.
- Commitment to engage and develop further the XU innovative and interactive didactic concepts and methods.
- Commitment to participate in interdisciplinary courses as well as in the implementation of English-language courses. A cosmopolitan attitude and international experience round off your profile.
- Completed doctoral or PhD studies in the field of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or IT.
- Pedagogic and didactic experience for academic teaching in English.
- Practical professional experience in software development in the industry of at least 5 years (preferably after completing the PhD). Additional knowledge and experience in the field of artificial intelligence, or data science is not mandatory but is considered a plus.
- Experience with latest trends in software development including agile, DevOps, User-centric Development, Docker, Kubernetes, Build tools, etc.
- It is expected that the future holder of the position will shift his/her center of life to Berlin/Potsdam area (on-site presence).
- Very good communication skills and teamwork, ability to interact and motivate students and other key stakeholders.
- Fulfill the official requirement captured by §41 of State of Brandenburg (Brandenburgisches Hochschulgesetz (BbgHG))
Which other criteria are important?
Relevant teaching experience in software engineering.
- Additional teaching in the field of artificial intelligence, or data science though is not mandatory, but is considered a plus.
- Research track record in the software engineering field proven by consultancy projects and/or publications in international scientific conferences and journals, etc. Additional experience in the acquisition, execution and management of research projects is a plus.
- Relevant experience in the supervision of scientific work of students, such as bachelor and master theses is desirable.
- Broad professional practical experience (with leadership responsibility) in the field of the appointment, for example in tech start-ups, tech companies, industry and/or in consulting related to software engineering, complete your profile.
- Core values and social commitment to XU community and beyond matter, of course, for us.
- In addition, we would like to see your enthusiasm and active involvement in building a new university and interest in producing an impact beyond.
- Teaching experience in German, though not mandatory is considered a plus.
- International experience, both industrial and academic.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
Was wir dir bieten
- Excellent working conditions in an attractive modern environment.
- The opportunity to impact on a young university.
- The chance to set your own focus in research, as well as in new courses of study and, in the future, new subject areas, etc.
- The professor will become a member of adesso’s university council, partnering with other well-known professors in the field of software engineering. adesso, germany’s fastest growing IT company, will also provide opportunities for internships and research projects for the students of the adesso school.
- Friendly atmosphere, teamwork-oriented and committed colleagues who love what they do.
- The opportunity to build something and develop processes that ensure high-quality teaching and innovative research in the long term
Then we look forward to receiving your complete digital application (see below).
Please submit your documents via email only to [email protected] .
Applications are currently being considered.
Our website: xu-university.com
Please, include the following information in your application and submit your application in a single PDF file.
- Cover letter explaining your motivation to join XU.
- Detailed resume and list of publications.
- Doctoral certificate
- University certificates
- An overview of the courses and projects you have held so far (scope, subject)
- Relevant experience certificates.
- Teaching experience including evaluation forms (if available).
- Teaching statement describing potential courses to cover.
- Research statement describing your research vision.