XU Exponential University – your new dream job
The XU Exponential University of Applied Sciences is a private, state-accredited university of applied sciences in Potsdam, Brandenburg. XU’s offerings are consistently geared towards the digital transformation, the start-up fast-growing digital entrepreneurial innovation and the new competencies and skills for the jobs of the future.
XU’s goal is to enable students, entrepreneurs, employees and managers to grow in the digital age and actively shape the digital transformation. We are looking for professors (m/f/d) for our study programs who represent digitalization topics, who hold an entrepreneurial, innovative and international mindset in teaching and research and who are enthusiastic about building a new university of applied sciences focused on Industrial Revolution 4.0 challenges.
As we are growing exponentially, we are looking for enthusiastic candidates (m/f/d) to join our team as soon as possible in the role of Professor (m/f/d) for Deep Tech Entrepreneurship. Applications for this new post are invited from outstanding candidates in the field of deep tech entrepreneurship, digital ecosystems, digital business, innovation, start-up business, and related aspects.
- Teaching courses of digital business, digital transformation, innovation, scientific skills, start-up business, innovation, and related topics, in our (current) Digital Business, Digital Marketing, Coding and Software Engineering bachelor and(planned) Digital Transformation master programs.
- Supervising examinations, internships, projects, bachelor and master theses.
- Participating in the further development, consultation and organization of new courses, namely related management of technology, innovation and entrepreneurship – especially deep tech entrepreneurship.
- Planning and implementation of applied research and development of projects, including publishing activities and other initiatives as adequate.
- Establishing a network with partner companies and supporting internships and collaborative projects in the field of deep tech entrepreneurship.
- Managing / co-managing accelerator programs to set-up, develop and facilitate access to funding/investment of university start-ups in the deep tech entrepreneurship and disruptive innovation context.
- Participating in the academic self-administration of the university.
- Self-identification with the innovative teaching approach of the XU Exponential University.
- Commitment to contribute to the teaching experience with an interdisciplinary approach, as well as with practical experience in a digitally growing world. Experience with start-ups as well as with the associated environment are desirable.
- Commitment to engage and develop further the XU innovative and interactive didactic concepts and methods.
- Commitment to participate in interdisciplinary courses as well as in the implementation of English-language courses.
- Completed doctoral or PhD studies in the field of Innovation and Entrepreneurship.
- Pedagogic and didactic experience for academic teaching in English.
- Experience in developing, implementing and teaching training programs of deep tech entrepreneurship and disruptive innovation.
- Practical professional experience of entrepreneurship and disruptive innovation in the context of deep tech ecosystems of at least 5 years (preferably after completing the PhD) is considered a plus.
- Understanding of current thinking and practice in the management of technology, technology transfer processes, innovation and entrepreneurship – especially deep tech.
- Track record experience of own entrepreneurial activities as founder and as investor in start-up deep tech companies in the university context.
- Understanding of deep tech entrepreneurship ecosystems and knowledge of key stakeholders, including technological and research institutions, universities, technologists, entrepreneurs, and investors.
- Knowledge footprint and access to deep tech institutions, start-ups and networks.
- Research track record in the deep tech entrepreneurship field proven by consultancy projects and/or publications in international scientific conferences and journals, etc. Additional experience in the acquisition, execution and management of research projects is a plus.
- Experience with at least some of the latest trends in deep tech entrepreneurship, including artificial intelligence, quantum computing, autonomous vehicles, dark web, innovative and breakthrough materials.
- It is expected that the future holder of the position will shift his/her center of life to Berlin/Potsdam area (on-site presence).
- Very good communication skills and teamwork, ability to interact and motivate students and other key stakeholders.
- Fulfill the official requirementcaptured by §41 of State of Brandenburg (Brandenburgisches Hochschulgesetz (BbgHG)).
Which other criteria are important?
- Relevant teaching experience in deep tech entrepreneurship fields of application in Germany.
- Additional teaching in the field of start-up business creation and funding, though is not mandatory, is considered a plus.
- Research track record in the deep tech entrepreneurship field proven by consultancy projects and/or publications in internationalscientific conferences and journals, etc. Additional experience in the acquisition, execution and management of research projects is a plus.
- Relevant experience in the supervision of scientific work of students, such as bachelor and master theses is desirable.
- Broad professional practical experience (with leadership responsibility) in the field of the appointment, for example in tech start-ups, tech companies, industry and/or in consulting related to data science, complete your profile.
- Core values and social commitment to XU community and beyond matter, of course, for us.
- In addition, we would like to see your enthusiasm and active involvement in building a new university and interest in producing an impact beyond.
- Teaching experience in German, though not mandatory is considered a plus.
- International experience, both industrial and academic.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
What we offer you
- Excellent working conditions in an attractive modern environment
- The opportunity to impact on a young university
- Excellent working conditions in an attractive modern environment.
- The chance to set your own focus in research, as well as in new courses of study and, in the future, new subject areas, etc.
- Friendly atmosphere, teamwork-orientedand committed colleagues who love what they do.
- The opportunity to build and develop processes that ensure high-quality teaching and innovative research in the long term.
Then we look forward to receiving your complete digital application (see below).
Please submit your documents via email only to [email protected] .
Applications are currently being considered.
Our website: xu-university.com
Please, include the following information in your application and submit your application in a single PDF file.
- Cover letter explaining your motivation to join XU.
- Detailed resume and list of publications.
- Doctoral certificate
- University certificates
- An overview of the courses and projects you have held so far (scope, subject)
- Relevant experience certificates.
- Teaching experience including evaluation forms (if available).
- Teaching statement describing potential courses to cover.
- Research statement describing your research vision.